Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Announcements, Announcements...


Thanks for all the feedback/comments about the releases. They really do help as it helps me do this job better. To sum up what I have been doing/going to do...

Kimi ni Todoke
  • I'm gonna release it faster and finish it, it is pretty much free of any problems.
Zettai Karen Children
  • I'll release a better encode and try to increase the quality as the DVD quality is not that good.
  • I'm styling the scripts from now on. I just don't like Chihiro's styles.
  • To be honest, Chihiro's translation isn't that good also. Luckily I'm fluent in Spanish and took a look at a Spanish group's scripts (ECA fansub). They are far better in translation than Chihiro's, and I actually enjoyed reading their translation. So here's my offer, either keep Chihiro's scripts and just fix minor things or completely or translate ECA's version to English. 
Sumomomo
  • I'll get to it eventually, it's on the lowest priority.
  • I'll release v2 for episode one. I'll fix the errors and whatever. And also do the typesetting instead of just leaving the original script as it is. And Comic Sans is going bye bye. 
Comment what you think about the Zettai Karen Children offer i am making.
Yeah I know I make a lot of mistakes, I'm trying to improve my timing and encoding. I am an amateur at this.
Sorry if I am bashing on Chihiro. I'm just saying the truth...

3 comments:

Pyrotek85 said...

Concerning ZKC, a better translation would be ideal, but don't worry if it's too much work for you, it is pretty long after all. Either way I appreciate you taking the time to do this series.

kuroshiroi said...

I'm pretty sure Chihiro bashes themselves for this series, at least now. They've definitely improved a lot and ZKC had some major consistency problems.

If you really want to make a perfect release, I'd recommend just watching the two releases (or scripts) side by side and comparing them to check for mistakes; translating it all from Spanish to English will take forever and a day and to be perfectly honest, you'll probably burn out before you finish. If you think you can do it without burning out, go for it. The other option is getting somebody to TLC Chihiro's script for you but I don't know how viable that is.

As for the encode, I thought it was good enough, maybe try CRF 16, if you're going to be re-encoding anyway? I don't like filters though, since I don't believe in artificially improving the source. On the other hand, I don't know a whole lot about encoding so don't listen to me :)

Either way, don't get stuck on trying to make it absolutely perfect.

Coreydbz said...

I liked the Chihiro subs, probably because I'm not very good at Japanese. If possible could you release It with both, at least for the first few episodes so I can compare?

Post a Comment